Thursday, January 7, 2010

Your not like the last pastor's wife...

Do you know how many times I have heard this over the past years and it make me wonder, it is a good or bad thing?

I just like to think that the past ones were just plain and boring. Surely that is what it was. And it's probably a good thing that there are not too many like me. I know that sometimes I can be a little brassy and yes I have hard times with the gray areas in life, but I also love life! I love my Lord, my husband and my children and I don't mind letting others know!

Now one of the others comments I heard about the preachers wife before was at our very first church. I had a little lady that told me the very first time she saw me, that I was much bigger than the the last pastor's wife. WHAT?? I mean, at that time I was a size 14 - and 25 years ago, a 14 was not considered PLUS SIZE! I am looking forward to being a size 14 again! My comment to her was, "Well she must not enjoy food like I do".

I could have chosen to be mad at her for the rest of my time there but I have learned along the way to just be like a duck. Let it hit you on the back of the head and roll right off the rear! Let it GO! Otherwise you will just be miserable the whole time in ministry!

The good thing that I have heard is that I am approachable. So that makes me feel much better. I want to be approachable. I want to be included and a part of the church. I have made the comment before, I don't want to stand across the street and watch what is going on, I want to be a part of it. We are all called into the ministry and we should all want to be right in the middle of what is going on. And this doesn't mean in the gossip section!

No comments:

Post a Comment