Friday, January 22, 2010
What we learn about Ants....
Okay in doing Friday's Bible verse, I did a little research. I did post it on my other blog, but thought I would share a little more of my comments here:
* There are more than 12,000 species of ants all over the world.
Much like us, we all look alike but we are very different. Which is probably a good thing.
* An ant can lift 20 times its own body weight. If a second grader was as strong as an ant, she would be able to pick up a car!
It's probably a good thing that we are not that strong, how many people would we have crushed along the way?
* Some queen ants can live for many years and have millions of babies!
This makes me tired, Just give me the first part of the statement. Four children are enough for anybody? Millions, not even able to comprehend. Mrs. Dugger, still can't comprehend that!
* Ants don’t have ears. Ants "hear" by feeling vibrations in the ground through their feet.
Maybe we should be a little more observant in what is going on around us. Think beyond what we hear.
* When ants fight, it is usually to the death!
Stand for what you believe!
* When foraging, ants leave a pheromone trail so that they know where they’ve been,
I guess these we should learn from where we have been and think about going back there! Then again, some odors would be stronger than other and we might remember that we don't want to do that again!
* Queen ants have wings, which they shed when they start a new nest.
Glad we don't have to start over when our dead skin leaves us!
* Ants don’t have lungs. Oxygen enters through tiny holes all over the body and carbon dioxide leaves through the same holes.
Wow, I didn't know this!
* When the queen of the colony dies, the colony can only survive a few months. Queens are rarely replaced and the workers are not able to reproduce.
Don't we think of ourselves as the queen? But we are hopeful that this won't happen to our family if we do die. We want them to go on and maybe not our husbands reproduce but it's okay for the kids too.
So what are you busy doing? If you have a moment head on over to godsjewelrybox.blogspot.com and check out Jan. 22 and see a little more insight. Enjoy