Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Crickette!

Well wow, here it is another month and another birthday for one of my children. It's baby girls time, but today she is no longer baby girl - she turns 20. I am not at home with her today, but in Alabama visiting with family. She had to stay behind and work and go to school (guess real world isn't so fun). So I can't really do my fun tribute to her today, because all the good embarrassing pictures are at home, but don't worry Crickette, I can do it again next week!

I will never forget the day I found out about you. It was on of the three greatest surprises of my life! I had everything planned out in my life, but God said my plans were not the best for me, His plans were greater! I had set the date to ween your older brother and had the doctor's appointment for me to go get put on birth control. I decided the day before the appointment that I should go to Save-a-Life and just make sure I wasn't pregnant, that way they wouldn't have to do a test at the dr. office. Well you can only imagine the look on my face when she said the test was positive. Yes shock was there but I was also excited! I always wanted three children and now that part of my life would be complete!

The due date for Crickette was actually June 6, but because her older brother weighed in at 9 lbs 9 oz, the doctor said we could make sure the baby didn't get that big and we could just pick a date to have this baby. Well I decided May 30 - this was also my daddy's birthday. How awesome to honor him as well. (My dad passed away when I was 13 months old). I had 3 ultrasounds while I was pregnant with Crickette and all three times she decided that she did not want us to know what she was. Even the day before she was born the technician tried for an hour to see but could not find results.

I can't even remember what little boy name we picked out but I knew Crickette Ann was for a little girl. I wanted to honor both sides of our family. My mom's real name was Henri Gene but she was known as Jojo. Chris mom's name was Annette so I knew that Ann would be great as the middle name. But to me Joann sounded too old for a baby and Anna Jo just sounded too country! So I had to dig a little deeper on my families side (Henri and Gene would not work anywhere). I had a great aunt named Crickette so I thought that would sound awesome. A month after we named my Crickette, I found out Aunt Crickettes real name was Georgia Violet (later Crickette thought that mean that she had another name too). So that is where to name came from.

Crickette came on May 30, 1990 and weighed in at 7 lbs 13 oz. Just a great size. I remember thinking she was so tiny. Again, this was the third child that I had naturally, and I agree she was no problem to deliver! Easy childbirth!

I have some of the greatest pictures to share when I get back and stories too, but today I say Happy Birthday Crickette! I hope you have a great day and know that you are loved (and missed today). Watch your movie, and enjoy the popcorn again today just for me. And know that when I get back you have to do it again, I still have not seen Dear John! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment