Monday, November 29, 2010


Okay - it was the weekend that I had been waiting on and Friday was good and Crazy!

Thanksgiving was good. We traveled to Waxhaw to be with Amber. We drove separately so that Crickette and I could stay behind for Black Friday. Amber did a FANTASTIC job on the turkey. The table was set with her fine china and was very inviting! I took my dressing, a ham, dirty rice and Crickette fixed Monkey Bread. With the combination of Amber's goodies, we had a feast!

After dinner Chris and Ethan head home and Steven heads out with his brother to grab us a newspaper for the sales paper.

We lay it out on the table and begin to write down our plan of action. The main item that I wanted from Wal-mart was my Cricut Expressions. It's what I will use for scrapbooking and making other wonderful crafts and gifts!! Well Wal-mart was pretty busy at 10:00 PM. We were amazed that the pallets were out with our goodies so all you had to do was place your item in your buggy and wait till 12:01 to purchase. We never could find the Cricut, so I had a back up plan. Jamie (friend) was at the WM in Boiling Springs and she pick up mine and hers. I told her we would wait till midnight and if I didn't have mine she could buy it. At 10 after they had till not put out the pallet of Circuts, so Jamie has mine - PURPLE!! She got the teal one.
After Wal-mart, Crickette went back to Ambers for shut eye since she had to work that morning. Off to Old Navy we went. It was pretty packed, so I got in line and let Amber do her shopping, I was nearing the front when she finished, so that went well! Managed to grab a few more gifts here!

We proceeded to Target - our last stop. It's was a little nippy outside, but not unbearable! We sat outside for 2 hours. The people in line were entertaining. Especially the ones in the tents. When the line proceeded to pack in a little tighter, she got out of tent, grabbed it and moved it up. She really should have just packed it away. The people with the smaller children really got the looks! It was funny to watch the crowds as the doors opened and our line started moving. People that showed up close to 4:00 am, just thought they would step on into the line, but buddy the line just shouted like crazy at them informing them they would not be getting near any of us! WOW....heard the cops had to be called at Toys-r-us. We were in and out of Target in 22 minutes! Woo Hoo. Shopping is mostly done.

After getting back to Amber's, I decided no nap so we headed back home. I pulled in the driveway a few minutes after 6:00 am. Yes extremely tired!! All I slept was for 4 hours. I got up and went to chiropractor then took Crickette lunch since she was working alone. I did scoot over to Hobby Lobby and pick up two more gifts! Back home and thinking of a nap...

Well that didn't work since it was getting time for the ballgame. Chris had a funeral to attend, so I taped the game and said I would not watch it or even check facebook to cheat and know what was happening. We started the game an hour later. Talk about nail biting. I was the one doing the screaming at the beginning of the game. Wondering where the Auburn tigers were, they sure weren't playing like the team we have all seen before (but then we are the comeback team). The second half was very interesting and I must say that when the game was over I did not get penalized for excessive celebrating! We are not very "in your face - look my team won" kind of people! (but they were at church the next morning, talking about next Saturday's game)

So I did get to catch up on facebook and see what all the posting was about. We caught up live in the last 2 minutes! I did see a post from Dr. B (doctor from hometown) who stated:
‎*** As Auburn players gathered on the field for their
pregame walk troughs, the Bryant-Denny Stadium speakers blared "Take
the Money and Run" by Steve Miller Band and followed that with "Son of
a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield. *** Auburn players were booed while they prayed on the field.*** I would say "stay classy ...bama" but that assumes too much.
This picture was taken by Dr. B at the game too.

Hmm. Hope Amber sees this to know that there are these type of people at every stadium, not just South Carolina. But all she dealt with was the fans, she didn't have the music blaring over the loudspeakers. Thought that was a bit tasteless. But they are everywhere!

Saturday consisted of putting up the tree. Will post pictures later. The middle section of my pre-lit tree did not work, so off to Wal-mart to buy lights! The tree is up and decorated, there are tons of ornaments. I even decided to just not put some of them on there. The first time ever I have looked at my tree and thought, maybe there are too many ornaments. There is a story to tell and nobody knows the story. Nobody really wanted to help me put ornaments on and I had decided this year that I would let them help me. Now if I can just find my stocking holders. There seems to be a box of Christmas goodies that is hiding from me!

Hope you had an awesome weekend. We finished ours off with the Hanging of the Greens at the church. It's was beautiful! The church looks so pretty decorated. We had fun getting all the trees up and garland hung that afternoon. We also got very entertained at Hardees. Crickette said we had dinner and a show. The girls behind the counter we very loud in their conversations (about their lives) so we got to hear. The first girl started with "so are you really going to divorce your husband?". Then then we hear another say, "You tell me your story, I will tell you mine"...

Enjoy your week. Only 19 more days and we get to see Paxston!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy and fun weekend you had.
    Thanks for your post on my blog and for becoming a follower of it.