Monday, February 28, 2011

Well hello stranger...

that would be me. Wow, been a while. It's been CRAZY around here.

Last post Valentine's Day - lets just say if there was no day to celebrate, it would be okay. We should treasure those we love every day and not try to show them on just one day. It mean's alot more if something special shows up for no specific reason at all. They don't have to be expensive flowers to mean so much, every grocery store and Wal-mart has them at the front, already it a bag for you and they are under $10.00. I think that seeing wildflowers and stopping on the side of the road and picking them would be okay too. Why heck, I have a bushel of iris' (my favorite flower) out back, and you can cut them and just bring them inside. Sometimes it's the effort.. and I do have a rose bush too...



..., and I gave been busy. After taking him to his new place of residence in Virginia  last month, went on another road trip to get him. We left on Friday, Feb. 18 and drove to Dam Neck (hate saying this, sounds like I am cussing), picked him up, and headed back home. Can I just say that 14 hours in a car is not good for me! But we had a great time and even found us a radio station that will play our request! We had craft night on that Saturday and made beaded rings, I just wasn't in the mood, tore apart two rings and decided after starting on the third one that it could wait till I just wanted to be a little more creative! Maybe it was the movie that I knew I was going to see.

We left at 9:30 on Saturday night to go see I Am Number 4 - can I just say - AWESOME. And I did something that I have not done in a very long time. I yelled out loud - TWICE! Can't beleive I did that. That is so not me! But intense was the word. Loved this movie and very excited to see that there is another one coming out in September - The Power of Number 6.  Paxston found out that there is a book...

On Sunday we left the great town of Chesnee and drove back to Virginia to take Paxston back home. Now I know that the GPS is a great invention, but "INGRID", that is her now given name - seems to take us on different routes every time! I can think of another name to give her that starts with an "I". Gets a little frustrating is all I am gonna say! That's alot of miles in one weekend. And now that gas is skyrocketing, I am not sure when we will go back!

I bought the book I Am Number 4 on Tuesday - finished it on Sunday. Read the first two chapters of the next one this morning. It's going to be awesome too. The movie and the book differ a little bit, but there will not be any disappointment. I cannot comment right now, because others that I know have not read it! I was thinking today of what kind of super powers I would like to have. I would get in so much trouble if I had them that is for sure, I am sure that I would be shooting fireballs all the time, but being invisible would be pretty awesome too, not to mention moving objects with your mind...

So here we are today, Monday, the last day of February. We are in line for some major storms this afternoon. I told Ethan that I may come get him after school because of the weather and that he could miss Bible Club. His reply, "no mom, we only have 3 months left, I don't want to miss anything". So right now I am saying, "Lord could you hold off just a bit?". I do admit that the clouds have been awesome looking today and I know that they could get intense later. I am "one of those" that loves to be standing outside when the storm is on it's way. I love looking at everything. Such power! I do pray for protection of those in the paths, but it is pretty neat to see God show off in His power! I am sure some don't think of it quite like that.

So have a great Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if that movie was any good - I will definitely be seeing it now. :)

    ReplyDelete