Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today my mom would have been 71 years old. I would have love to have thrown her a party - she loved Birthdays and she knew she was extra special being born on Valentine's Day. 

One of the best times I had was baking her a heart shaped cake (took a round pan and square pan and made the heart by cutting the circle in half and placing on the square) I always made sure it was chocolate icing (her favorite) and then I tape streamers to the ceiling and had the living room decorated when she got home. I always tried to make it special for her, it was more about her that day that what the day was really about, like it should have been. She always made my birthday special for me.

Its been 10 years since I have been able to say it to her. So my heart hurts alot on this day, when everybody else is all ooey, gooey about love, my heart wants to burst from hurt from missing her. So I may not be all cheery today, gushing with happiness, but that is just me. And you are just you.

No comments:

Post a Comment